There are large number of options for thermal imaging monoculars from Armasight which include the popular Scout series and the second generation HS series of monoculars which are popular options for law enforcement and military applications. The latest in the series of thermal imaging monoiculars is the Prometheus Pro family.
The Prometheus Pro is a high-performance, handheld Thermal monocular which features options like an electronic compass and inclinometer. Utilizing the FLIR TAU-2 technology, the Prometheus Pro is offered in 336x256 or 640x512 pixel formats. These options are further enhanced by professional, military-grade 50mm or 100mm Germanium (Ge) objective lenses, creating a wide variety of optical magnifications and range performance capabilities that the customer can select from. Armasight has introduced a unique dual battery option for the Prometheus Pro that consists of either four 3.0 V DC CR123A batteries or four 1.5VDC AA batteries pre-loaded in a cartridge
The Prometheus Pro uses a 9-pin multi-pin connector to provide video-in imagery, where there may be a need for map or range-finder display overlays, as well as external power access. The Prometheus Pro is the ideal tool for scouting and target detection where the ambient environment is oriented for concealment. The Prometheus Pro is also an extremely useful tool for viewing scenes through environmental obscurants such as smoke, haze, fog, or dust.
- 24/7 Operation in presence of environmental obscurants (smoke, dust, haze, fog)
- Superior engineering and design from inception
- High Performance
- Operates on CR123A or AA batteries
- Objective Germanium Lens Options
- TAU-2 17μm Pitch Thermal Sensor
- SVGA 800x600 OLED Display
- In-built Digital Compass
- In-built Digital Inclinometer
- Battery Status Indicator
- Selectable Palettes: White Hot/ Black Hot/ Sepia/ OEM Custom/ Other Color Variants
- Imaging Filter Algorithms:
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) for digital contrast correction based on relative scene temperature,
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) to enhance the picture to present clearer imagery with sharper edges
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) for fine-tuning the image for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
- Information Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ) for improving images in scenes with lots of sky or water.
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC to automatically adjust the gain to an appropriate range.
- User Controlled Manual Non Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC) using a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC).
- Silent Shutterless NUC (SSN) which is a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events
- Wireless 5-button Remote
- Tracking Digital e-Zoom: 2x / 4x / 8x (640x512 only)
- Still Picture and Video Recording Capability (Mounted DVR Option)