SONET/SDH Monitoring Module (MM-2400) provides non-intrusive, out-of-band, selective access to packet streams on concatenated or channelized SONET/SDH broadband links and backbones ranging from high speed OC-48/STM-16 to low speed E1/T1, fractional E1/T1, and DS0. In doing so, the MM-2400 enables Ethernet-based tools to gain access to packet data traffic independent of TDM transport network or protocol type.
- Real-time optical network survey and content auto-discovery
- Flexibility to monitor varying SONET/SDH inputs including OC-48/STM-16, OC-12/STM-4 and OC-3/STM-1
- Visibility to the DS0 timeslot level
- Lossless interception of multi-protocol data
- Aggregation and load balancing to optimize efficiency of downstream tools
- WAN to LAN media translation